GCC English Department
The GCC English department
accepts its responsibility to foster student habits which result in
academic and professional success—regular attendance, promptness, and
personal integrity. Therefore, we encourage our instructors to
communicate these expectations by syllabus and in one-to-one conversations
with students as necessary.
expectations are not met, we support our colleagues who adhere to the
- Students who accumulate more than the
equivalent of two weeks of unexcused absences will be dropped. Dropped
students will not be reinstated.
- Chronic tardiness and/or early departures will be penalized.
- Late work will not be accepted.
- Cell phones should be turned off and out of sight.
- Plagiarizing or cheating on minor assignments will result in a 0.
- Plagiarizing or cheating on major assignments will result in class
- Students who do not withdraw themselves by the student-initiated
deadline will be given the grades they earn.
Individual instructors may
enact more severe penalties. On the other hand, realizing
extraordinary circumstances do arise, exceptions may be made for students
in communication with their instructors.
clarification, consult the
and the English department plagiarism
policy, both available in print and online.
Page maintained by:
Marla DeSoto Revised
at Glendale Community College