I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Topo Maps and Contour Lines Crossword Puzzle
4. Imaginary horizontal lines that indicate elevation, and the strike of the Earth's surface.
7. Contour lines can not cross, split, or ___ with each other.
9. The difference in elevation between the highest and lowest point on a map, is the ____ relief.
12. A _____ mark shows exact elevations at that given point.
13. The elevation difference between two adjacent contour lines, is the Contour _____.
14. Contour lines that cross stream valleys form a "V", that "V" points in the _____ direction.
16. Contour lines connect points of _____ elevation.
17. The amount of relief in between index contours is _____ times the contour interval.
20. A silhouette or cross section of the topography along a given line is called a topographic _____.
21. The shape or configuration of the land surface.
1. The flow of water over the surface of the Earth is downhill, and always _____ to the contour lines.
2. The slope of a surface.
3. Every fifth contour line.
5. Widely spaced contour lines indicate _____ slopes.
6. Contour lines have _____ marks on them when they are indicating a closed depression.
8. When estimating the elevations of points on a map, it is best to estimate them within ___ of the contour interval.
10. Who has the prize begonias?
11. Closely spaced contour lines indicate _____ slopes.
15. The difference in elevation between 2 given points.
18. Who like to fish in the Arizona Canal?
19. On a map, a _____ elevation tells you about the same information as a bench mark.
Want to make crossword puzzles?
Crossword Forge Live