Course Placement Test
- Student must submit a Student Information Application online by applying at My.Maricopa.edu or submit application to the Dual Enrollment Office. Application "must" be submitted before taking the "placement test".
- Assessment is required if you are enrolling in an English (ENG101), General Physics (PHY101) and all mathematic courses. Enrollment in these courses requires a qualifying score on the college placement test. (Students who do not earn a qualifying score are allowed only 1 retest 24 hours after they have completed the first test. After that they will wait one year to test again in that area.)
- AP Calculus BC (MAT230) requires one of the following to register: passing grade in college credit MAT220 or AP Calculus AB scores of 3, 4, or 5. If the latter GCC will honor unofficial copies of AP test scores for the purposes of course placement. The unofficial copy is to be provided by the student along with their dual enrollment registration form. Students will not be placed in courses with pre-requisites without the unofficial copy and the copy must clearly show the appropriate test type and score needed for the requested course. A comment will be made on the student's record regarding the receipt of the unofficial AP test scores and resulting course placement.
- College Assessment Placement Test Score Chart
For all other academic classes students must provide "one" of the following tests to meet State requirements for admission of students under the age 18. Click to see, MCCCD Dual Enrollment Testing Requirements document.
- Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test (PSAT) composite score of 93 or more.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) composite score of 930 or more.
- American College Test (ACT) composite score of 22 or more.
- Arizona Instrument to Measure Standards Test (AIMS) score (high school AIMS) passing scores on the relevant portions of test.
- Placement skills test (ACCUPLACER) with a qualifying score in Reading for other than ENG101 or Math courses.
- Free testing is administered at the high schools (PENDING) (Testing & Registration Schedule) or at GCC's Testing Center.
- Testing Services at GCC, check
dates and times.
All placement scores must be attached to your Dual Enrollment Registration Form.