Pay for Print at GCC will arrive in a phased approach. Phase One will roll out in the Fall '09 semester, and will include implementation in the HT1 pit, HT2 pit, Library Commons and GCCN Library Commons open computer labs. In addition, print throttling will be in place in all classrooms to limit large print jobs.
GCC Pay for Print System Description:
Number and location of printers and release stations: On Main campus HT1 will have 8 black & white printers attached to 5 release stations. HT2 will have 2 black & white printers and release stations. The LMC will have 2 black & white printers and one color printer with 3 release stations. There will be 2 printers and release stations in the Library at GCC North.
Number and location of charging stations: On Main campus one will be in HT1 and one will be in the Library. There will also be one in the GCCN Library.
- The Pay for Print solution will be based on the GCC student ID card tied to an account. Each student will have an account they add money to. If the GCC ID were lost, the student will not lose their money; it will remain in the account until they replace their ID card.
- Students will use their GCC student ID cards to add money to their Pay for Print account. Students will need to have their GCC student ID card re-encoded before they can use it with the system.
- Pay for Print charge stations will be available in HT1, LMC, and GCN Library.
- Max dollar amount to charge - $10.00 (100 prints). Students would not be able to have more than this amount in their account at any one time. Keeping large amounts of money in an account is not advisable.
- Cost for students of 10 cents per printed page for B&W. Color laser option of $1 per printed page will be available in the LMC to start. Other color stations may be added based on student need.
- Faculty/Staff print free in the Open Labs.
- Print problems, such as jams and low toner, will be handled immediately by having a lab staff member reprint the job. No credits or refunds will be given for bad prints.
- Refunds of their Pay for Print account balance will be provided to students who will not be returning to GCC.
- The existing fleet of laser printers will be utilized in the initial rollout to save startup costs. Inkjet printing will not be included in initial rollout.
- A per print maximum of 10 pages will be implemented for all classroom print jobs. Jobs greater than 10 pages will be diverted to a print release station.