What is Gmail?
All students attending a Maricopa Community College now have access to a new student email system - Gmail.
Gmail, powered by Google provides reliable and secure email, with a powerful anti-spam service. Gmail includes over 7 GB of storage space -- and we'll keep giving you more space as we're able.
How Do I Get Started?
- If you are an existing student - you will use your existing college identification number (MEID) and password. That means a student who has “XXXX” as a MEID, for example, would have an address of “XXXX@maricopa.edu.”
- If you are a new student, a MEID and corresponding email address are generated upon you registration for classes. If needed, you can discover your MEID and set your password by clicking the.♦ I'm a new user and need my MEID link in the Help with Email menu.
- Messages up to 20 MB (including attachments) in size can be sent. Please note that you may not be able to send larger attachments to contacts who use other email services with smaller attachment limits.
- Blocked file types:
- Executable Files -- As a security measure to prevent potential viruses, Gmail doesn't allow you to send or receive executable files (such as files ending in .exe).
- Files ending in .zip .tar, .tgz, .z, .gz.
- Address books formatted as CSV can be imported. For more information please see: http://www.maricopa.edu/google/addressbook.html
- We do not recommend using an email client to access your Gmail account such as Outlook, Outlook Express, or Thunderbird. These applications do not work effective with MCCD's current login authentication process. This problem is currently under review by District IT services.
Where can I find HELP Resources?
District/Google Help Resources are available on the Gmail (GoogleApps@Maricopa) login page -- . http://www.maricopa.edu/google/.
Featured Google Help Resources:
Acount Help Resources:
GCC Help Resources
- Please feel free to contact GCC Technology Helpdesk for assistance with account access issues.
- Online Guide - Forwarding Your Gmail To Another Email Account
- Blackboard and Gmail - A Note from our Blackboard Administrators - 07/2009 - Setting Up Email Addresses for Use within Blackboard – Students.