LEO Home | GCC Schedule
$81 per credit hour
If you haven't registered during the current semester, there is a $15 registration fee
View the web page for the class to get student equipment requirements
NOTE: If you are registering for a LEO class you should either call the number listed below or register in person at GCC. Online registration will be difficult because these classes are restricted to Law Enforcement Personnel requiring proof of eligibility.
Registration: (623) 845-3333
AzPOST Firearm Instructor LEO286
An 80 hour course certifying students as an AzPOST law enforcement firearms instructor, and making them eligible to become an Arizona concealed weapons permit instructor. Attendees also get AzPOST credit for 80 hours of continuing or proficiency training. To be recognized by AzPOST as an AzPOST Firearms Instructor, you must ALREADY be an AzPOST General Instructor prior to taking this class.
Class format: Two contiguous weeks, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. except there will be two night shoots, usually on the second Tuesday and Wednesday.
Costs: 5 credit hours plus $50 book fee. There is also a $15 registration fee if you are not currently enrolled at GCC.
Location: MCSO Range is located at 26900 W. Buckeye Hills Drive, Buckeye. West on I-10 to US 85 and go south on US 85 (as if going to San Diego). The Buckeye Hills Recreation area is exactly 10 miles south of I-10 and Buckeye Hills Drive is just south of milepost 144. Turn west and go past the public range about ¼ mile to the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office Range.
- Must be a certified peace officer or sent by an agency. (I.D. will be checked on first day of class.)
- Must fire a score of 230 out of 250 on the AzPOST Daylight Qualification course the first day of class.
- Duty semi-auto pistol with three magazines and duty gear.
- Duty revolver with two speed loaders, holster and speed loader pouches.
- Duty 12 gauge shotgun. (A limited number are available for those unable to obtain one.)
- Off duty weapon and system of carrying.
- 1500 rounds of ammunition for the semiautomatic handgun.
- 100 rounds for the revolver.
- 100 rounds of 12 gauge birdshot.
- 50 rounds of 12 gauge slugs.
- 20 rounds of 12 gauge buckshot. (any size)
- Eye protection.
- Ear Protection.
- Hat with a bill.
- Knee pads (optional)
- Elbow pads (optional)
- Flashlight for low light shooting.
- Firearm cleaning equipment.
Successful completion of the course is dependent upon the student:
- Attain a minimum score of 80% on each of three written exams
- Attain a passing score of 90% on the N.R.A. shotgun course
- Develop a lesson plan including face sheet and performance objectives for a practical firing drill
- Full participation in all aspects of the class
Instructors: Michael Branham | Roderick Jackson | Jerry McCown